DELHI: HUDA has announced a draw of plot allotment to over 900 people who had previously been denied land in its sectors due to litigations.
The HUDA administrator said the process will begin on February 17 and would go on for a week. Each day a specific plot size will be allotted in the draw. The plots will be given to those who had not been given land in Sector 56-57 due to litigations.
The entire allotment process would be video-graphed and possession of plots would be given as soon as possible. “In all the cases, alternative plots are being allotted to those who have already paid the money,” he said.
Last year, several plot owners had approached the high court when HUDA could not give them land in different sectors. The court ordered HUDA to sort the matter and announce the draw of allotment in February. Before announcing the allotment, HUDA had dug out all records and earmarked vacant plots. “We are trying to allot plots in the same sector originally promised to the allottees,” said a HUDA official.