Land pooling only way out
Govt to take up land pooling to acquire up to 50,000 acres of land in the Vijayawada-Guntur region
Sep 24, 2014
Source : The Times of India


Hyderabad: Weeks after declaring that Vijayawada will be the new capital of Andhra Pradesh, the TDP government said on Tuesday that the state has only 4,000 acres of land in the proposed capital area.


"Therefore, we have no option but to take up land pooling to acquire up to 50,000 acres of land in the Vijayawada-Guntur region over the next one year," AP municipal administration minister P Narayana said at a press conference here.

Narayana said that if farmers do not come forward for land pooling, the Land Acquisition Act may be invoked as a last resort. "We have so far visited Chhattisgarh capital Naya Raipur, Gujarat capital Gandhinagar and Chandigarh to study land pooling methods.Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. For the AP government, land pooling for the new capital is not a commercial operation but a responsibility" he said.

The minister said that Naya Raipur and Gandhinagar do not have any social infrastructure and merely function as administrative blocks. "People do not live in these capitals. Our chief minister wants to build a capital with good social infrastructure. For an administrative capital, we may need only about 10,000 acres but if we want to develop a social eco-system, we would need around 50,000 acres" he said.

According to Narayana, the proposed capital will have separate sectors for education, administration, social infrastructure and residences."All these will be developed simultaneously once we acquire land from farmers and others through the pooling method. They would also stand to gain as the value of the land will shoot up after it is developed," he said.

Explaining further the modes of land pooling, Narayana said that in Naya Raipur, the Chhattisgarh government retained 65% of the land after developing it and gave the remaining 35% to the owner. In the Gandhi Nagar model, of the total land pooled, 15% was allotted for roads, 5% for open parks, 5% for social infrastructure, 10% for lower index groups and 15% as land bank. The remaining 50% was developed and shared equally between the state and the owner. "We will also visit Singapore and China to study land pooling methods there," Narayana added.

Latest Realty News

Real estate sector set to gain after licensing made mandatory for all brokers
Sep 24, 2014
The onset of the new Real Estate Regulatory bill has created a stir among the customers, developers and brokers as it seeks to bring forth phenomenal changes in the real estate sector
Land hurdle for BMC office
Sep 24, 2014
The municipal corporation’s plan to build a multi-storeyed office complex at Madhusudan Nagar has hit a hurdle with the office of the accountant general (AG) claiming that the 1.95 acre land had earlier been allotted to them
Buyers cry foul as promoter plots close to HT lines unusable
Sep 24, 2014
Buyers of plots at Vatika India Next project in Sector 83 alleged the developer is promoting the project on the basis of an outdated layout plan
Sector 86 building on green belt, sealed
Sep 24, 2014
Future of hundreds of homebuyers in Sector 86 hangs in the balance after Noida Authority and UP police sealed an under-construction 14-storey building
Next housing boom to happen in Narela
Sep 24, 2014
Narela could be the next major housing hub in the capital with DDA focusing its resources on developing over 20,000 flats here over the next 2-3 years
AAP, Cong slam govt for hiking property circle rates
Sep 24, 2014
The AAP and the Congress slammed the Delhi government's decision to increase property circle rates by 20% and demanded its rollback
Another land regularisation window in Punjab
Sep 24, 2014
The Punjab cabinet has approved a new one-year policy for the regularisation of unauthorised colonies, plots and buildings across the state
Cisco unveils 'Smart City' model for a digital India
Sep 24, 2014
Looking to cash in on the $ 600 billion Digital India initiative, global tech giant Cisco unveiled a "smart city" model
Lodha Group eyes Rs 9,000 crore revenue on rising demand of luxury houses
Sep 24, 2014
Riding high on growing demand for its high-end luxury residential offerings, city-based Lodha Group is expecting nearly Rs 9,000 crore revenues this fiscal
Hike in circle rates in Delhi to hit housing demand
Sep 24, 2014
Increase in circle rates by up to 20 per cent in the national capital could further dampen investor sentiment and affect housing market, according to global property consultants

Latest Realty News Of State

Realty Talk's