State push for road projects
The plan is to set up the entire 13,000-kilotmetres road network within the current financial year
May 28, 2013
Source : The Times of India

 

KOLKATA: Road projects under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sarak Yojana (PMGSY) scheme received a push on Monday with the state cabinet passing a proposal to form eight programme implementation units (PIU), which will look after the road construction projects in seven districts.

 

State panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said that the state is already working on developing 9,000 kilometres road under this scheme. "In addition to this, another 4,000 kilometres road will be developed. And this can be done if the programme implementation units (PIU) are in place. While South 24-Parganas, Birbhum, Jalpaiguri, Bankura, South Dinajpur and Nadia will get one PIU each, West Midnapore will get two PIUs. Also, the PIU in Malda will be upgraded and there will be an additional PIU in Darjeeling," Mukherjee said. Apart from these PIUs, the state will also create 173 temporary posts for this purpose.

 

Mukherjee said that for the 9,000-kilometres road network, the state has already got the Centre's approval. "The plan is to set up the entire 13,000-kilotmetres road network within the current financial year. Tenders have already been floated for 75% of work," he added.

 

According to the minister, most of the work is over in Bankura. "Other districts, where there is good progress of work, are Burdwan, Purulia, West Midnapore, and Nadia," the minister said. According to the PMGSY scheme, 75% of funds will be provided by the Centre and the remaining 25% will be borne by the respective state governments.

 

The bifurcation of Ratua PS in Malda also got the cabinet nod on Monday

Latest Realty News

NRI woman's father arrested for property fraud
May 28, 2013
A non-resident Indian based in England, Irendeep Brown, 34, got a case registered against her father, brother and uncle for allegedly duping her of money to buy property
Gujarat International Finance Tec-City in trouble, seeks government help
May 28, 2013
Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) desperately needs funds to extend basic civic infrastructure - drainage, water supply lines, utility duct lines, district cooling system and infrastructure for power supply - across the entire first phase of the GIFT city area
Corporation to develop facilities around metro stations
May 28, 2013
As metro rail plans to open the Koyambedu-St Thomas Mount elevated line by mid-2014, Corporation of Chennai is getting ready too — to provide access to the stations on the route.
Charges framed in Jalgaon housing scam
May 28, 2013
A Jalgaon trial court on Monday framed criminal charges against minister of state for transport Gulabrao Deokar and former housing minister Suresh Jain, the main accused in the Rs 169 crore Jalgaon housing scam.
SUV, superbike seized, Sethi back in jail
May 28, 2013
Police on Sunday seized three vehicles, including an SUV and a power bike, owned by AT Group's CMD Pradip Sethi. He was arrested here on May 12 for allegedly running an illegal money circulation business in Odisha.
CBI detains one in gold loan fraud
May 28, 2013
The CBI here on Sunday detained Manabhanjan Sahoo, a jewel appraiser of Odisha Gramya Bank's Dumduma branch, in connection with the recent alleged Rs 13-crore gold loan fraud. CBI sources said Sahoo was on the run ever since the loan fraud surfaced earlier this month.
Ex-director of AT Group held in connection with financial scam
May 28, 2013
Police on Monday arrested a former director of AT Group in connection with the Rs 500- crore financial scam in the money circulation company.
Dubious firms go into hiding on the web as well
May 27, 2013
Several financial companies charged with fraud are wiping out their online presence in a hurry while some of them have also shut their offices at various places in the state.
Property show gets good response
May 27, 2013
Builders and realtors in metros may be worried due to the slump in their business, but their counterparts in Mysore are buoyed by the increased demand for houses and apartments.
Illegal buildings razed in Hadapsar
May 27, 2013
The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) razed unauthorised constructions spread over 4,000 sq ft in Hadapsar on Friday

Latest Realty News Of State

Realty Talk's